“Movement matters, and how your body moves matters. Being aware of and understanding your body on a deeper level— how it moves, adapts, changes, and its ability to move in general—will help change your life!”
Q & A Session with Ari Sanchez
1. What is your favorite part of teaching?
The best part of teaching is being a witness and a part of my client’s journey to change; being a part of the moments in which they truly find the connection to their bodies for the first time…. to be there for their breakthrough moments, their moments of joy, their moments of seeing change. It’s amazing being able to help them in a one on one setting to really dive in deeper into the work and into their bodies. I’m honored to have a part in helping my clients better their lives through alignment based movement, release work, and so much more!
2. What makes your work unique?
The way I’m able to connect everyday life to movement – it’s been such a fun journey to explore and change the work I do in the studio to help people live a better life. From walking up a steep hill in front of their house to take out the trash, to being able to go kayaking with their children, all the way to walking miles and miles to explore a new city on vacation, helping people change their bodies to change their lives is beautiful!
I love alignment based work and all that comes with that – helping people change how their bones and muscles moves, creating new alignment patterns, unwinding tension they’ve been holding onto for most of their lives, getting down to the foundation of the core, learning more about what good alignment looks like in their own bodies, how to connect to their breath… the list goes on and on!
I feel committed to constantly evolve and grow as a movement educator, to keep adding more “arrows to my quiver” so to say! I am grateful for my ease and connection with clients of all ages and all walks of life, and I do think everyone who I cross paths with can feel my genuineness and love for what I do.
3. What are your 5 best attributes?
- My patience and dedication to keep learning more and developing a deeper understanding about the body as a movement educator.
- Having a willingness to really focus on my client’s goals and needs with every new day. Our bodies are always changing and evolving, and that’s the beauty of every session and class. There’s always a deeper level to uncover and learn more about!
- My ability to read people and their bodies. Whether through intuition or knowledge gained through training and self experiences, I feel very much “in tune” and trust the knowledge that guides me to connect to my clients.
- My calm teaching approach. I strive to make sure clients feel comfortable and safe more than anything and the rest follows. I always hold myself accountable to making a safe connection with each client in each session or class.
- My passion for a movement rich culture!
4. Who is your ideal client?
Someone who is ready to begin their journey to wholeness and to living a movement rich life! Someone who is open and willing to take the steps to bettering and loving themselves in all the aspects that come along in working with movement, alignment, and release work. A client that recognizes there are life changing moments that will stem from proper body alignment, flexibility, mobility, and core strength; and that it is something that will require work and dedication but will give them a better sense of their bodies and themselves in return!
5. Anything you’d like to add?
I spent 17 years playing soccer and gaining a deeper understanding of how my body moves. I found myself drawn to the world of movement and bodies from a young age, and was encouraged to dive in to learn more the older I got and began to pursue this path. There are so many amazing things this work has taught me over the years, personally. As an instructor I will always do my best to help others realize their own body’s potential and teach them that our bodies and ability to move are truly a gift.
Movement matters, and how your body moves matters. Being aware of and understanding your body on a deeper level – how it moves, adapts, changes, and it’s ability to move in general – will help change your life!
I fully believe in the idea that life is a journey in every respect. Movement is the most important way for us to go along on our physical body’s journey and on this path so many beautiful things can arise. And the best part of it? Being able to not only be a teacher, encourager and example through it all, but being a witness to my client’s making their own life altering mind/body connections!
New to Pilates Tonic?
We'll show you how easy it is to start improving your strength, flexibility and body alignment. Learn more about our unique program and what to do next to get started.Click here to get started…