FST™ is a unique, complete and complementary system of table-based assisted stretching. It focuses on the fascia and joint capsule as the key elements in achieving optimal flexibility, strength, performance and pain relief.
These sessions leave you feeling relaxed and decompressed! FST™ will help uncover areas of tightness you didn’t realize existed, while simultaneously creating release through a gentle, pain free, traction/contract and relax approach.
Who and What
Ann Frederick is the original creator and founder of the Stretch to Win® company in 1995. She created a new system of stretching using a new technique that she developed called Fascial Stretch Therapy™ (or simply, FST™). Ann is co-author, along with her husband/partner Chris Frederick, of their book, Stretch to Win.
Brief History (the How)
Ann, a former professional dancer, was a group fitness instructor teaching a class in stretching when she discovered how inflexible and tight the general population was. She was also working in the athletic department of Arizona State U, developing her 1-on-1 fascial stretch techniques on football players.
In 1996, Ann Frederick had worked the past year leading up to the Olympics where she was the Flexibility Specialist for Men’s Wrestling. The team beat the Russians for the first time and won more medals than at any previous Games. The coaches and team gave Ann the credit for keeping them injury free and able to perform at an optimal level. This launched Ann’s career with professional and elite athletes.
Stretch to Win
When Ann opened her clinic in 1995, she offered FST™ to the general population and to pro athletes. People came to see her for all kinds of reasons with multiple conditions: pain, stress, weakness, tightness, stiffness, inflexibility, etc.
Ann discovered that by focusing on fascia—the connective tissue system—instead of just muscles or joints, FST™ gave faster, better and more complete results. Coming up with specific protocols for fitness, wellness, sports and pain, her success with her clients led to training a large staff to meet the demand. In 1999, the Fredericks began to offer certification training in FST™ at the Stretch to Win Institute. FST™ is now being provided internationally at multiple facilities in the medical, health, sports and fitness industries. More recently, it has begun to be offered to guests interested in Wellness and Fitness at luxury resorts and hotels.
Some of the benefits of Fascial Stretch Therapy™
- Decrease or eliminate pain caused by tension and stress
- Increase flexibility, mobility and range of motion
- Increase strength and power
- Improve balance and coordination
- Improve posture and appearance
- Get the benefits of a deep massage without deep pressure
- You are fully dressed in anything loose and comfortable
- You lie on a soft table with low light
- Soft straps may be used to help stabilize as the therapist stretches you
Reasons to do FST
- Wind down and relax
- Release tension and stress
- Remove aches and pains caused by tension, tightness and stiffness
- Use as a dynamic warm up before activity, e.g. running, fitness or sports
- Use as a cool down after activity
FST™ Integrates with Your Other Activities
- Before a massage, it removes much of the tension and tightness so that massage can result in deeper benefits
- After a massage, FST™ can create more flexibility and range of motion
- In fitness and training, FST™ is used to correct and improve positions and movement patterns for a safe, optimal workout to achieve your goals
- Before personal training, FST™ can be used as a rapid, effective warm up for a better workout
- After training, FST™ is used as an effective cool down for a faster recovery and little to no soreness the next day.
Ready to try Fascial Stretch Therapy?
Sessions are available to match your schedule.Click here to schdule an FST session and get started…